January 16, 2009

Anthropologie Craft Workshops!!!!!!!













Fellow Crafters ( & Eaters):

Oh my gosh while reading the Trend Central Newspaper this morning, I almost choked on my fried chicken (courtesy of the fine folks at Star Provisions) when this jumped out at me:

What: Anthropologie recently launched free in store “reinvention” (aka craft) workshops in select stores nationwide.

From Anthropologie: “We wanted to share something really personal, which is our creative side, on a one-on-one level,” said Anthropologie’s chief merchandising officer, Wendy Wurtzburger. "...Anthropologie will debut a special series of craft workshops that will tug at customers’ heartstrings, as well as those of their family and friends. Given the current state of the economy, customers will be thrilled to discover how extraordinary and meaningful a hand-crafted, remade gift can be. They will find that their work possesses more of their true self and sentiment and helps to convey crucial messages regarding the needs for reinvention and reuse from economic to environmental."

I am putting down my Orange Crush right now and calling the Lenox Store.


-- Elizabeth